Report reaching the corridors of GHANASKY.COM and ACCRA24 indicate that, recent fire at Asante Mampong, which seven people including a man, his four children and two visitors lost their lives in a flat at house number W.297 at Worakese, a Saburb of Asante Mampong, had a mass burial service.
According to GHANASKY.COM analyst, the cause of the fire was not immediately known but few hours latter, the tragic incidence was caused by heat from a coal pot that was kept near a gas cylinders in the kitchen.
Madam Elizabeth Amoah the landlady, at about 12:30am in the early hours of that day, June 3, 2016, they heard people shouting that one of the flats in the house was on fire.
And She said they woke up and saw that the flat, three bedrooms, a hall, kitchen and toilet occupied by the deceased, Mr. Isaac Botwe, an Estate Officer at Obuasi, his four children and two of his visitors was on fire.
She said they call the Fire-Service from Mampong and Ejura but before they could bring the fire down, the occupants have been burnt.
Source: ACCRA24.COM | GHANASKY.COM