Bawumia releases ‘one day, one achievement’ in 100 days of change lecture
Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia has revealed that the Akufo-Addo administration has delivered on 103 of its campaign promises since taking office some 100 days ago.
According to the Vice President, though a lot of work still needs to be done to see to it that the country’s economy is transformed, the Akufo-Addo-led administration has done a significant amount of work in just hundred days to set the right foundation for much needed change Ghanaians voted for.
Speaking at a Townhall event at the new court complex in Accra Monday morning, Dr. Bawumia took Ghanaians through a tall list of measures and interventions that have been put in place by the NPP government to boost growth in the economy and stimulate development across the country.
Among the issues talked about at the Townhall event include:
– Real GDP with oil was down 3.6% in 2016 from 9.1% in 2008.
– Declining growth in agriculture and industry
– Rising unemployment
– High fiscal deficits
– Rising public debts
– Accumulating arrears on government obligations
– Weakening of the banking system
– Cancellation of teacher and nursing training allowances
– Depreciation of the exchange rate
– Return to cash and carry under NHIS
– Freeze on the hiring of Extension Officers in agriculture
– High and pervasive taxes
– High electricity prices
– IMF bailout
Watch video below:
source: adom online